Add This Infographic to Your Site
<p style="clear:both;margin-bottom:20px;"><a href="https://onlinelaw.hofstra.edu/blog/4-careers-to-consider-with-a-master-of-laws-in-health-law-and-policy/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"><img src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/utep-uploads/wp-content/uploads/hofstra/2020/03/03091213/HFU-HLP-LLM-Infographic.jpg" alt="" style="max-width:100%;" /></a></p><p style="clear:both;margin-bottom:20px;"><a href="https://onlinelaw.hofstra.edu" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">Hofstra Law </a></p>
4 careers to consider with a Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
A master’s degree in health law and policy can help you advance your standing in the legal world and garner promotions, different career opportunities and potential pay increases. Below, we’ve highlighted average salaries and job descriptions for compliance managers, health care social workers, medical and health service managers and advanced practice registered nurses.
- According to PayScale, the average compliance manager makes $77,135 per year.
- This individual is responsible for making sure an organization maintains legal and ethical integrity through essential company rules and regulations.
Health Care Social Worker
- On average, health care social workers make $56,200, per the BLS.
- The general duty of a health care social worker is to provide support to families, groups and individuals needed to cope through chronic and terminal disease and illness.
Medical and Health Service Manager
- The BLS reported that the highest 10% of medical and health service managers in 2018 earned an average of $182,600.
- Typical tasks include planning, directing and coordinating all medical and health services within a facility.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- As one of the higher-paying positions, an advanced practice registered nurse makes $113,930 on average, according to the BLS.
- APRNs are responsible for providing and coordinating patient care and generally have more freedom to make informed decisions and suggest treatment options in comparison to registered nurses.
A Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy from Hofstra Law helps you gain the necessary skills and education required to pursue one of these careers. Download a program brochure to learn more about the program.
Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy – Student Outcomes
Healthcare Social Workers – Bureau of Labor Statistics
Medical and Health Services Managers – Bureau of Labor Statistics
Nurse practitioners – Bureau of Labor Statistics
Salary.com – Paralegal
PayScale – Compliance manager